Konami has today revealed the first images of its upcoming software for the Nintendo DS, Diary Girl. Squarely aimed at the younger female audience, it turns the handheld into a journal/PDA – real-time voice chat included. A Nintendo DS non-game outdoing for one Nintendo’s flagship Wii titles - not good.
Diary Girl is described as the perfect way to organise your daily life, interact with your friends, check daily horoscopes and play mini-games.
- Avatar Creator let’s you completely customize and dress your character
- Use your journal to record secrets, remember birthdays, parties and more
- Voice chat via Nintendo Wi-Fi connection lets you talk to your friends in real time
- Contact list lets you save your friends’ contact information, birth date and personal likes and dislikes
- Text message friend with Picto-chat
Wow, Diary Girl has real-time voice chat. That’s more advanced communication than Mario Kart Wii (or any other Wii game for that matter) offers! Sigh.
Diary Girl is released in North America on March 18.